Edelweiss De Guzman is an award-winning artist who loves to try different things. She grew up in the Philippines, and moved to the U.S. when she was eighteen. Much of her childhood was spent making art of one sort or another; be it drawing people, improvising toys, or making garments for her dolls, creativity has always been her strong suit.
She graduated with a B.F.A. degree from the University of North Carolina in Charlotte, where she studied Studio Art with a concentration in illustration. She was also selected for the distinction of top senior illustrator from the department of Art at UNC Charlotte and received the Outstanding Achievement Award in Illustration in her senior year. Her cross-disciplinary background in illustration, studio art painting, and contemporary/conceptual garment design has infused her practice with multiple influences and approaches. In addition to her studio practice, she teaches art classes for children in Mooresville Elementary School and The Artist Guild.
People's Choice Award
Passport for Fashion 2014, Charlotte NC
Best Recyclable Designer 2013
Passport for Fashion Charlotte Seen, May 2013
Outstanding Achievements in Illustration, College of Art and Art History, UNC Charlotte April 2013
Student Merit Award
UNC Charlotte-Art and Art History, August 2012
Art Instructor- Woodland Heights Elementary
- Teaching art fundamentals and foundation for grade 1-5, August 2014.
Art Instructor-Mooresville Artist Guild
- Teaching art classes for homeschooler and children grade 1-5.
Digital drawing and mixed media illustration, cartooning, and drawing people, January 2014.
Graphic Designer-Chibogz Inc.
- Created the logo for the company. Design and created marketing materials.
Exhibition Artist, Art Fushion Show at The Mint Museum
-Art Ecologie Group show, October 2013
Featured Guest, WBTV Charlotte
Live interview. Promoted Charlotte Fashion Week September 2013.
Designer/Recyclable Fashion Designer, Charlotte Fashion Week.
- Designed wearable-art couture for the runway using recycled materials: bamboo leaves, venetian blinds. Executed an original two-dimensional design onto a three-dimensional wearable piece. September 2012-2014.
Featured Designer in Southern Style Magazine
Featured Guest, CBS Radio
Designer/Recyclable Fashion Designer, Passport for Fashion
- Designed wearable-art couture for the runway using recycled materials: bamboo leaves, venetian blinds. Executed an original two-dimensional design onto a three-dimensional wearable piece. April 2012-2014. Received the 2013 Best Recyclable Designer Award.
Artist, Arts and Science Council
- Illustrated a 5-hour mural celebrating the community of Charlotte. Charlotte's Inaugural Chalk Art by Wells Fargo, October 2011.
Shows and Group/Juried Exhibitions
-Charlotte Fashion Week, 2013
-Art Fusion at The Mint Museum, 2013
-B.F.A. Senior Group Art Exhibit: Illustrators of Tomorrow,2013
-Art Ecologie: EcoFab Couture, 2013
-Passport for Fashion, 2013
-Charlotte Fashion Week 2012
-The Stylus Show Summer Group Art Exhibit, 2012
-Go Figure Juried Art Exhibit, 2012
-Passport for Fashion, 2012
-Charlotte's Inaugural Chalk Art by Wells Fargo, 2011
-Drawing Layers Juried Art Exhibit, 2011